Our Mission Statement:
The Undergraduate Finance Association strives to assist students in attaining their career goals by providing students with the knowledge, resources, and opportunities that will allow them to excel in the field of finance.
This is achieved by:
• Creating a society for like-minded students who want to learn about investments and finance.
• Providing networking opportunities with the local investment management community, including mid-tier and bulge-bracket investment funds, financial advisors, banks, and investment banks.
• Fostering closer relationships with UCI Economics Department, the Paul Merage Business School faculty and MBA students.
• Creating the first-of-its-kind Student Managed Investment Fund at UCI, giving students hands-on experience in managing an investment fund with active collaboration with the faculty advisers and competing in investment competitions.
• Providing recruiters with resources such as financial aid and marketing in order to enhance the desirability of UCI as a school from which to draw a work force.
UFA members have gone on to rewarding careers at a number of the world’s most elite institutions, including but not limited to
JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, Houlihan Lockey, Barclays Capital, Bank of America-Merrill Lynch, Booz & Company, and UBS.